Follow this Blog!!! CLICK HERE!!!!

Monday, May 11, 2009

What's the Big Deal?

So I've been reading all over the blog-o-sphere about how horrible this joke is from Wanda Sykes at the White House Correspondents dinner. If you don't know what I'm talking about here's the joke:





Sorry but that's funny! Is it in poor taste... well yeah it is. I suppose that's my humor style though. The more dry, cynical, and sarcastic the better! But all those against it should take a moment and consider the fact that she's not making up what Rush said. He did say he wanted Obama's administration to fail. See exhibit b(granted I could do exhibits b-z but I think this is where it started at CPAC)





So there you have it. See here's the problem with Republicans. When you lose you have to have humility. When you get on a grand stage like this and start ranting about how nothing would make you happier than seeing YOUR PRESIDENT, the leader of YOUR COUNTRY, fail... well I'm not gonna go as far as Wanda says and say you could be the 20th hijacker on 9-11, but I must admit it's rather silly and unfounded.

I couldn't stand George W Bush when he was President. I mean the list of shenanigans that he and his cohorts induced on our nation and the world was to much to bear. Did I want him to fail? NO! He's MY PRESIDENT. Unfortunately for the lot of us though, W excelled at failing! Just take a look at his speeches. Every time I hear(d) W talk I wanted to take the nearest sharp object and shove it in my ear. I wanted to dip my head in a vat of sulfuric acid. I was ashamed to be an American. He disappointed me on SOOOOO many levels by FAILING. Here's a few examples:

-The Patriot Act
-Iraq
-Afghanistan
-9/11 fear mongering
-The Patriot Act 2
-No Child Left Behind
-Katrina...

...do I really need to list them all?



It pained me to see the legislature he signed and the bills he opposed. The unjust war he created. The constant fear mongering and lies. So many misinterpretations of the truth. He failed over and over and over again. I mean there are books in Barnes and Nobles with "Bushisms"(quotes so horrible there was one for every day of the year.) He failed constantly. All I wanted him to do was make me proud. And he never did. But was I on the side lines going "WOO HOO! Go W! Go! Keep up the fuck ups man!" No... because that's ridiculous.

I'm not an Obama-ite.... at least not anymore. I do admire him though. It's hard not to. His resume is impeccable. And while I don't appreciate how liberal he leans I'd be hard pressed to say I'm not proud of the fact our country has a President who can speak proper English.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that wanting your President to fail is beyond counter-productive. It makes absolutely no sense. If you want the President to fail then why are you even living here? I remember debating my right leaning friends about W when he ran the country and how they would tell me to move if I didn't like it. Seems fitting that perhaps Rush and his right wing nut cases should do the same. By the way, I thought Rush was done with the pills? Someone needs to stage an intervention. Only a drug addict would long to see the person who leads them fail. Please Rush, go to Charter. If you can't get help there, please.. get help somewhere!


s
T
s

No comments:

Post a Comment