Follow this Blog!!! CLICK HERE!!!!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New York Post Chimp Cartoon

Photobucket




Ok. I don't know why this is such a big deal(or why the picture cuts the monkey out of the frame... click on the picture to see the full shot) Back story for those of you who don't know, the chimp is poking fun at this story that ran in the NY Post:



http://www.nypost.com/seven/02162009/news/regionalnews/bizarre_animal_attack_in_stamford_155493.htm


Now we have people, like Al Sharpton, all upset over a simple cartoon. C'mon Al... see this is why I have to give Sharpton grief. Can't he find ANYTHING else to talk about? There are REAL injustices going on all over the country dealing with black people. This cartoon isn't one of them. This reminds me of the "that one" McCain B.S. People were so upset about that but it wasn't that serious to me.

I mean I'm not saying this cartoon is appropriate at all. If anything it was done in very poor taste. I mean it's no secret cops shoot their fair share of black people(OSCAR GRANT). And it's no secret some inbred ignoramuses refer to black people as monkeys. Sooooo is the cartoon offensive to me? Not really... but I do think they should have thought about this one more. I can see how people would be upset. Because despite what the paper said, as well as the artist, anyone who sees this comic and doesn't think it's implying shoot Obama is lying.

Perhaps now that Obama is President all media outlets should start a new job for relations with the public. Hire a black dude in his mid 20s to early 40s and ask him if he deems something offensive. If he does then don't do it. If he doesn't then have a ball! Sound like a good plan?




s
T
s

No comments:

Post a Comment